Saturday, January 10, 2009

Basketball Season

The holidays have come and gone and the kids are back in the full swing of school and sports.
Jared had his first Basketball game today. He is on the Celtics team at OCC. He did really well, and I know I'm biased. He did some moves that impressed me, like setting picks, making a basket, staying with his guy and all important keeping his hands up. He even tried a shot when the shot clock was almost out.
It was really kinda cool, he heard the ref say 2 seconds and he had the ball so he stopped where he was and took the shot. The ball went flying through the air, I was holding my breath as was everyone around me, the ball hit the backboard bounced into the net and then rimmed back out. We all let out our collective breaths with a loud ohhhhhhh. It was so close....maybe next time. We lost to the Pacers 14 - 12.

0 comments: