Friday, May 22, 2009

Jared's Field Day

Jared's 3rd Grade Class Today the kids got to go outside and play games for about 2 1/2 hours. There are about 14 stations that parents volunteer to run. I decided not to run one of the stations but to walk around with the kids and be a helper to the volunteers. I was hoping to lessen my involvement with trying to rally the kids and make them pay attention, but that was not to be. It was a chore keeping 20+ kids in line for that amount of time when they are so full of energy. As luck would have it, I had to go to the morning and afternoon session as the 3rd (Jared), 4th and 5th grade went at 9:30 to 11:55 and the 1st and 2nd (Sydney) graders went from 12:45 to 3. But I made it out alive and always enjoy being with the kids.

Jared's favorite station was being wrapped in toilet paper and then breaking free.

I think my favorite was when they had to pour water into a container that was balanced on another child's head!

0 comments: