Jared qualified to participate in a spelling bee on the 21st of January with 22 other 5th and 4th graders. He did an awesome job through 7 rounds and then he realized his close friends were out, he was the only 4th grade boy left, he realized he didn't want to win (too much pressure representing the school in the county spelling bee.) and there was only 6 kids left, so he took a dive on a word I know he knows because it's one of his favorite flavors - vanilla. NOooo! not on vanilla, oh well. We were very proud that he tried, even though he was a little worried about being infront of all the 5th and 4th graders and parents. I was the biggest distraction, I think I need to tone down on the animation of my feelings. I kept seeing Jared go 'mom - stop!' But I love him so and I want him to do well and ........... I need to let him be! sigh.
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment